A new ETU will soon be accepting patients in Bong County. Save the Children found 40 vulnerable children living in a school in Margibi County whose parents had died and who were rejected by their community. More ambulances are needed in Nimba County.
• The new ETU has been officially turned over to the County Authority and County Health
Team. It is awaiting admission of patients
• Total number of patients in Foya Case management center (FCMC)- 32
Montserrado County (including Monrovia)
• 1828 (98%) of the 1859 contacts under follow up were seen by 4 contact tracing teams.
• Of the 1859 contacts being followed, 2 became symptomatic today.
• Of the 1859 contacts being followed, 87 completed 21 days today.
• Of the 22 deaths reported 9 were from ETUs and 13 from the communities.
• Total admission at Redemption Holding Unit – 28.
• Red Cross made available 12 contact tracers to be used in our current tracing structure. They will be assigned in New Kru Town, where there are more than 300 contacts as of today.
• Health promotion section completed verification of gCHVs to be trained by UNICEF on Friday of this week
• 30 volunteers from SEARCH, a local NGO, were trained in contact tracing
• 147 contacts completed 21 days of follow-up
• Save the Children discovered (15) families in the Mamba-Kaba and Kakata Districts with a total of 40 vulnerable children whose parents have died from Ebola.
• Affected children, rejected by the Community in Dolo Town, are living in a school building
• Africare donated $100. USD worth of scratch cards to CHT to strength communication and 20 gallons of gas as monthly support to each of the District Health Teams for Surveillance/Case tracing and specimen collection
• The Surveillance/case tracing and psychosocial teams reunited one Ebola survivor with her family and community people in Cooper Village
Issues & Constraints
• PPEs nearing stock-out in the County
• The one ambulance for the transport of confirmed cases to the ETUs in Monrovia is inadequate
CAN ANYBODY DONATE 3 AMBULANCES FOR NIMBA COUNTY?